The Kingdom of Ansteorra
Ministry of Arts and Sciences
Bidding on a Kingdom Arts & Sciences Event
- Send an informal proposal e-mail to the Kingdom A & S
officer for the event that states your interest in bidding on the event.
- Go to the Ansteorran web site under "Forms" and print out the
Request for Date on the Kingdom Calendar and a
Kingdom Event Bid
- Single Group form or the
Kingdom Event Bid
- Multiple Group form.
You will need to send a copy to the Kingdom A & S Officer, Kingdom Seneschal, Crown,
Calendar Deputy, and the Kingdom Exchequer.
- It is likely that your group will be competing with other groups
to bid on this event. In order to provide the A & S officer
with enough information to make a reasonable decision, please try
to include as much of the following information as you can along
with the "official" bid form:
- Information on the site you plan to use and the facilities
available, including cost, hours available, restrictions
(particularly regarding alcohol and fire), parking and/or parking restrictions,
- Any previous experience at coordinating
similar events, SCA or mundane;
- Whether you plan to serve food (breakfast,
lunch, or feast) and, if so, name, contact info and prior
experience of food coordinator/cook;
- Any other information you think might be
helpful, such as photos and map of the site, lodging and
restaurants in the area, etc.***
Information and Requirements for
Kingdom Arts & Sciences Competition
Laurels' Prize Tourney Display Event
- An indoor hall large enough to hold 30
six-foot tables with additional room for those who are not
competing to mingle.
- A site that allows for alcohol or allows
for alcohol tasting.
- A registration area (2 tables) that will be
stationary for the remainder of the event.
- An area for performance arts, which would be
a separate room or an area that is acoustically blocked from
the rest of the noise.
- A small room for the judges and/or Crown to meet
and scores to be tallied.
- A lunch for the judges.
- Publicity for the event (advertisement in at least 2 Black
- Additional activities may accompany the competition.
If there are additional
classrooms at the site, classes could be held throughout the
- The local group is responsible for site setup
and takedown, gate, feast (if included in bid), and the judges' lunch.
Table arrangement and other specific details should be coordinated through
the Kingdom MoAS.
- The Kingdom MoAS is in charge of the
schedule for the competition, registration, and the judging of the
Information and Requirements for King's College
- A climate-controlled site with at least 10 or
more classrooms (think schools, universities, churches, community
centers, etc.) and some available outdoor areas for fighting.
- Enough people to set up and take down the
site, work the gate, and provide other help where necessary.
Additionally, the ideal site would have the following:
- A greater selection of classrooms;
- Lecture hall, small auditorium, and/or
stage (for large classes, performance & vocal classes,
- Workrooms, studios and/or kitchens available
for "messy" A & S classes, such as cooking, pottery, felting,
- Lounge areas for instructors and general
- Ample outdoor areas or gymnasiums for
- Fireproof areas for more dangerous, messy
arts, e.g. blacksmithing, glass working;
- Attached or very nearby show barn or
equestrian center for equestrian & animal related
- Nearby hotels, motels & restaurants for
- Audio-visual equipment, or capacity (setups
for Power Point, overhead projectors, screens,
The Kingdom MoAS in charge of finding and scheduling instructors
and classes, publishing a class schedule, assigning classrooms, etc. If you have
something special in mind, such as a track of performance classes, etc., this can
certainly be coordinated with the Kingdom MoAS.
|This page was last updated on: